Spider-Man (genetic template)
Venom is a mass-produced version of the Symbiote created from Spider-Man's DNA by Doctor Octopus for Loki. This living organism that can attach itself to a human host to form an almost unstoppable villain.(or superhero in flash Thompson case)
Resembling a substance of black liquefied slime, Venom can change shape and can form a face with eyes that have a jagged white outline and a mouth with razor-sharp teeth. After taking a host, Venom gains an extreme muscular physical body and grows larger depending on the host's size.
After bonding with Flash Thompson, Venom covers its host's football pads, creating a basic silhouette of Venom with a traditional black suit with no emblem. After integrating pieces of the Beetle's armor into itself, he transforms the suit with a complete symbol into Agent Venom.
Trolls and Frost Giants
Ulik and his fellow Rock Trolls and some Frost Giants, some Ice Dragons, and Fenris Wolf are used by Loki as part of Doctor Octopus's experiments with the Venom symbiote. Ulik and the other Venom-possessed Asgardian creatures go on a rampage in Manhattan. Upon Iron Man converting his repulsor blasts to sonic blasts. Ulik and the other Asgardian creatures are freed one by one and sent back to Asgard. Upon Loki retreating upon defeat, he finds himself in the same area where Ulik and the other Asgardian creatures are as they prepare to get revenge on Loki
Kraven the Hunter
After Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider free Flash Thompson following his separation from the Venom symbiote, Doctor Octopus throws Kraven the Hunter into the Venom symbiote which gives him the appearance of a humanoid lion. Flash was able to get the Venom symbiote off Kraven the Hunter and help defeat him.
The Avenging Spider-Man
After Loki frees Doctor Octopus from S.H.I.E.L.D. custody after yet another recent defeat at the hands of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team, Doctor Octopus mass-produces the Venom Symbiote after Loki swaps bodies with Spider-Man in order to acquire the web-slinger's DNA. Eventually, the S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the Avengers defeated Loki's army of Venomized Trolls and Frost Giants.
Main Article: Agent Venom
Unlike it's predecessor this Venom has somewhat of an interest in having Flash Thompson as a permanent host.
Powers and Abilities
This version of Venom possessed and assimilated its host, while its form seemed to always be modeled by the person it has bonded with. Unlike the first, it did not have Spiderman's powers, possibly due to not have bonded with him like the first. The symbiote grants the following powers:
- Superhuman Strength: Venom is stronger than Spider-Man.
- Superhuman Durability: Venom is able to take multiple hits from its enemies.
- Superhuman Agility: Despite its huge appearance, Venom is able of jumping 30 feet and is very agile.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Despite its size, Venom is very flexible.
- Webbing Generation: Venom can shoot strands of the substance in the form of "webbing".
- Wall-Crawling: Venom is able to climb most surfaces.
- ESP (Spider-Sense): Venom possesses an extrasensory ability similar to Spider-Man’s spider-sense.
- Poisonous Fangs: Venom’s set of fangs not only intimidates foes but can deliver a powerful, venomous bite.
- Shapeshifting: Venom can change its size and shape, with or without a host.
- Stretchable Tongue: Venom can stretch out its tongue.
- Tendrils: Venom can generate tendrils from its body.
- Integration: Venom integrates pieces of someone else's armor into itself, allowing itself to use the weapons it absorbs.
- Possession: Venom has the ability to latch onto anyone and use their powers while taking control of their bodies. Flash Thompson seems to have a resistance to this, due to their complimentary nature.
Despite being a monstrous creation with extraordinary powers, Venom has a weakness for electricity, lightning and sonic waves. When permanently merged with Flash Thompson, the suit seems to gain a higher resistance to electricity and sonic waves, though sonics do weaken Flash's control of the organism.
- "The Avenging Spider-Man Part 1"
- "The Avenging Spider-Man Part 2"
- "Agent Venom"
- "The Next Iron Spider"
- "New Warriors"
- Double Agent Venom
- Anti Venom
- The Symbiote Saga: Part 1
- The Symbiote Saga: Part 2
- The Symbiote Saga: Part 3
- Venom's main weakness is intense heat and vibration in the comics.
- Scorpion as Venom's host is also a nod to the most well known version of Scorpion (Mac Gargan).
- Venom's current host is once again Eddie Brock in the comics.