16 (going on 17)
Spider-Man (real name: Peter Parker) is the main protagonist and everyone's favorite web-slinging, wall-crawling "menace" of New York, or so J. Jonas Jameson would have you believe. Juggling his life in High School with his hero life isn't as easy as it seems, especially with constant bullying from a certain High School jock and criticism from a "100-foot-tall cranky pants". But S.H.I.E.L.D. decides to make his life a whole lot more complicated by offering him a spot on a team of teenage superheroes, and a chance to become the Ultimate Spider-Man.
Spider-Man is the leader of multiple teams, including his first team comprised of Nova, White Tiger, Power Man, and Iron Fist. He later led a group of inter-dimensional Spider-Men, and various combinations of teams made from new recruits and old friends. He was even a temporary member of the Avengers, though is currently a reserve member.
Peter Parker had a normal nerdy kid life, being the best friend of Mary Jane and Harry. He even had his own personal bully; Flash Thompson. Because of his rotten luck of being bitten by at least one animal on any of his school field trips, he ended up being bitten by one of Oscorp's Genetically-Altered Spiders, giving him his infamous spider powers. It was only after his surrogate father, Uncle Ben, died that he devoted himself to taking on the responsibility of a superhero, fighting crime and helping people. During his early career as Spider-Man, he came into contact with Electro, who he later claimed to have had difficulty with at first. He then joined S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Main article: History of Spider-Man (Season One)
The Return of Doctor Octopus
With his teammates now living with him, Spider-Man's life had not much changed as the group continued to work efficiently. One night, Spider-Man and the rest of the group went out to confront an assailant. One by one, Power Man, Iron Fist and White Tiger went down, forcing Spider-Man to contact Nova for assistance. As Nova arrived, Spider-Man and the former were knocked down by the assailant, revealing himself to be Doctor Octopus. Much to Spider-Man's surprise, the nefarious tentacled villain had not perished, as he had previously thought. Despite a grueling battle with the villain, Spider-Man was forced into submission when his web-shooters became congested, forcing him to merely dodge Doc Ock's attacks until S.H.I.E.L.D. agents arrived on the scene. After the villain escaped, Spider-Man took extreme offense to Nick Fury's positive comment regarding Spider-Man and his team's work, pointing out that Doc Ock had still escaped.
He was also thanked by Coulson, who handed over several serums to a literal-disarmed Curt Conners. After Connors received the serums, he asked Spider-Man if he'd stay with him during his testing. Peter wasn't able to, however, as he rushed his teammates back to their home. However, after noticing the very few amount of space he had at his home with his teammates, Spider-Man took Conner's back on his offer and returned to aid him. As Connors examined the serums with him, Spider-Man started to disagree with several of his suggestions towards it's use in the future. When Connors cited Goblin as an example of what it could do, Peter reminded him of how the villain tried to kill him and everyone else.
With his rejections, Connors started to feel saddened, but alas, agreed with Spider-Man's opinions. As the two prepared to depart, Peter accidentally activated the alarm and defense system of Doc Ock's lair. As several Octobots attacked the two, Spider-Man fought them off as hard as he could. Due to the large amount of Octobots, Spider-Man fell flat of strength and was soon to meet his doom as he was trapped underneath a piece of ground. Connors saved him in just in time, after injecting himself with the serum. After defeating the Octobots alongside him, Peter started to argue with Curt until the latter's mutation into the Lizard came into effect. He chased Lizard down to the sewers, all the while being brushed away by the superior-in-strength corrupted ally. Peter was forced to team up with Doc Ock in order to encage the Lizard, however these plans proved useless as the Lizard's strength enabled him to break out.
With the foe starting to chase him, Peter finally called in for back up as his teammates arrived. Though they were unable to defeat the Lizard with their brute strength, they were able to buy Spider-Man enough time to get a antidote for their once ally. As the group handed Connors over to S.H.I.E.L.D., Peter begged them to take care of him and see to it that he got better. After their promises were assured, Peter rushed his teammates off to their shared home.
A few days after Curt Connor's transformation into the Lizard, Peter's rouges gallery would be accelerated once again by Electro. Having faced the villain before, Peter wasn't exactly put to much difficulty in defeating him. Peter effortlessly dodged several of his blasts and soon caught the villain in one of his webs, resulting in the villain being shocked. As Peter arrived home, he talked to a preoccupied Sam, who was busy playing a handheld game of his. Peter's other teammates were preoccupied with their own distractions, until a power outage triggered everyone's attention.
Peter and his friends turned their attention to their television and saw Electro, who had received a drastic change in his physical appearance and was seeking their attention. Electro explained he had taken control of the entirety of the electricity in New York city and told the group to thank Spider-Man for their imprisonment in their own homes. He and the rest of the group hurried to change into their costumes, only to end up in each others. Spider-Man ended up in White Tiger's costume, the latter in Power Man's before the group changed again and made their way outside. Spider-Man struggled to gain control of his motorcycle and was looked on by his teammates. Nova held members of the group as they touched Spider-Man's motorcycle. He explained to White Tiger that his web shooters ran on electricity after the latter asked why he couldn't just web-sling the entire group to Electro. The group fell after Spider-Man hit his head against a light pole and continued to make their way until they were spotted by several citizens, whom were embittered over Spider-Man's involvement in Electro's sudden power boost. As they pelted him with trash, he tried to explain his innocence to his teammates, whom had previously questioned him earlier.
The group came into conflict with Batroc the Leaper, whom had taken the time to extort cash from the citizens during the cities' blackout. Though he and his teammates outnumbered Batroc five-to-one, they proved unable to defeat him as he easily bested the group and made his way. After losing, Spider-Man and the others left to battle Electro.
Before getting bitten by a Genetically-Altered Spider and becoming Spider-Man, Peter Parker was a normal school boy. He was shy and often bullied at school and didn't take action. As soon as he got his new profound powers, he gained more confidence in himself, occasionally making jokes even in dangerous and serious situations, he is particularly known for taunting and insulting his enemies. When his uncle died, Peter decided to become more responsible for others sake. He can appear tough around people, but he is actually very compassionate. At one point, he decided he did not want to work with a group of young heroes from S.H.I.E.L.D., primarily because he worried for their safety. Spider-Man was shown to be a great leader when he eventually did work with them, so it appears his fears were unfounded.
 Peter's lack of an idol or role model as a child may have contributed to him wanting to be a lone superhero. When he eventually became one, he at some point garnered the respect and admiration to Iron Man in a way he had only for a few.
Peter's insecurities during high school led him to be comfortable making jokes about his enemies, as he could conceal his identity and avoid any harsh judgments that could prove detrimental to his ego.
He is also enthusiastic, and sometimes impulsive, and overconfident.
Peter Parker is a Caucasian teenage boy of average height with a lean frame, sporting muscular and well-defined build, due to the radioactive spider bite. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a white shirt underneath either his light blue or pink button-down shirt, with blue or brown pants and black sneakers.
His costume is based on an arachnid, with the spider suit's primary colors being red and blue, with a silhoutte of a spider on the chest area and a large red spider on the back. The red has a pattern that resembles that of a spider web, with the center of the web being on the topside of his nose. The red and webs only go to the shoulders on the costume. The eyes on the mask are white with a bold black outline.
After meeting Tony Stark, he made the Iron Spider Armor for him based on his powers. It has metal armor in red, with a golden spider symbol on his chest. After S.H.I.E.L.D.'s modification, it can transform into a backpack for Peter.
Mary Jane Watson
Mary Jane Watson is Peter's Childhood best female friend.
Harry Osborn is Peter's best male friend. The two are as close as brothers and are shown to be protective of each other even when they get into petty (or sometimes not so petty) arguments. He started to incorrectly hating Spider-man in Rise of the Goblin, and he won Harry back in Second Chance Hero.
Next to Power Man, Iron Fist is the second most compatible person on and off his team, though Spider-Man does get annoyed when he starts speaking in riddles.
Power Man and Spider-Man are trainees and close friends. During the science project, Luke got a little annoyed with Peter for forgetting the science project. Later, they helped Alex O'Hirn after Flash kept on picking on Alex. The two thought Flash need to drop his bullying act. When they realized Alex stole Oscorp containers and making him Rhino, the two stopped Rhino from getting revenge on Flash, of all his teammates Spider-Man is showing to get along with his teammates and consider them close friends in season 3
White Tiger and Spider-Man are good friends in the episode Great Responsibility (Season 1 episode 2) they got off a rocky start on their missions they were always focus sometime talking back to each other but later in the episode Kraven the hunter (Season 2 Episode 4) they become good friends even in there personal life they have a good relationship and White Tiger started to trust him because in that episode Spider-Man told her to never give up and that she is still the "White Tiger with or with out her Amulet" ever since then there good friends and on good terms.
Nova is another close friend to Spider-Man ( Especially in season 3 ) they are showing to care about each other showing in the episodes Reveled/The rise of the goblin when the goblin attack the S.H.I.E.L.D Tricarrier they both team up to stop him with the rest of the team but fail When Spider-Man was helping the others evacuate the Tricarrier. But when he got everyone out the Tricarrier later then exploded and everyone thought he was gone but was happy to see him standing when Spider-Man fell Nova held him with a smile and said "We got you". in the episodes of guardians of the galaxy/Return of the galaxy (Season 2 Episode 18 and Season 3 special) They become in good terms and become friends they are seen talking to each other in both episodes they call each other names just for fun and in the Episode The avenging Spider-Man part 2 (Season 3 Episode 2) When Loki switch body's with peter he started framing him when the Avengers were getting ready to see what was going on he switch him and peter back the way they was and Spider-Man was out number so he tried to flee and get help from his team the team still thought that Loki was still in his body and then attack him but Spider-Man tried to convince them but they did not notice Nova was gonna deliver the final blow until he smells him he know peter well enough that peter will go threw sewage and Loki well never do that to him he relies that the real loki will never go threw a sewage and then the team new that was the real peter if it was not for Nova knowing what peter would do that he would of been in a whole lot of trouble it was showing in the episode (Season 3 episode 2). Nova and Spider-Man have a lot in common they are both immature, enthusiastic, and impulsive, and they also like to bad mouth villains during battle. Both Nova and Spider-Man got off at a rocky start but later become good friends but still act immature just for the fun and still call each other "Web head" or "Webs" and "Bucket Head" and joke around.
Iron Man and Spider-Man happen to be good friends on good terms, Spider-Man first met Iron Man in the episode Flight of the Iron Spider ( Season 1 Episode 5). In the episode Spider-Man is showing to admire Iron Man and shows a lot of respect for him. In the episode Swarm (Season 2 Episode 11) Iron Man and Spider-Man happen to show respect for each other they begin to have conversation together and getting along very well and Iron Man shows veneration for Spider-Man and also giving him advice.
Captain America shows friendship and respect for Spider-Man and his team, but he was a little upset that Spider-Man played with his shield and lost it to Doctor Doom. When Spider-Man and Captain America got his shield back and Doctor Doom was arrested, Captain America thinks Spider-Man has pontential to become an Avenger.
At first, Thor thought Spider-Man and his team have poor quality in battle, but Spider-Man's words made Thor feel down on himself when he was a frog and always rushed to battle. But, when Spider-Man tricked Loki into turning Thor back to normal, Thor showed a lot of respect for Spider-Man. Later in "Run Pig Run", Thor protects Spider-Man (who was turned into a pig by Loki) from the Asgardian Boar Hunt.
Initially Spider-Man disliked Hawkeye, due to his reputation as the Avengers loose cannon, however; after they were accidentally glued together by Spider-Man's web fluid and fluid from one of Hawkeye's trick arrows, they had no choice but to work together in order to defeat Beetle. After the fiasco, Spider-man later on start to appreciate Hawkeye just a little bit more as an Avenger. The two shared a high-five, they remain on good terms. Although in Avenging Spider-Man Part 1, he denies letting Spidey join the Avengers, but he went with it just to say he to the others so.
Hulk and Spider-Man are close friends. Spider-Man first met Hulk in the episode (Season 1 Episode 7) Spider-Man first met the Hulk when he was on a rampaging attack in Manhattan Spider-Man tried his best to stop and calm him down but it did not work Hulk told Spider-Man to get out the way until Spider-Man found out that the Hulk was never trying to destroy Manhattan he was trying go after (Energy guy is what Hulk and Spider-Man call him) the two continue there battle against Zzzax and at the end Zzzax was defeated in that episode Hulk did quote "I like Bug Man, Bug Man smash good" and at the point they were at good terms. In the episode Home Sick Hulk (Season 1 Episode 19) Spider-Man and Hulk became close friends they had great respect for each other and trust and in the new season of the Ultimate Spider-Man Web Warriors season the episode The avenging spider-Man part 1 Hulk and Spider-man both admire each other and every since then there friendship was strong and when he join the Avengers when Spider-Man got in a little mishap with Captain America Hulk jump in after he left and told Spider-Man "Hey don't let Flag Guy get to your head, you did great" every since then they been close friends.
Ollie wanted to be Spider-Man's sidekick, but when he rejected him, he got angry and formed Boston Terroriers under the aliases of Steel Spider. After realizing his mistake, he left the team to help Spider-Man, when he saw the true meaning of being superhero and later became the new superhero of Boston. He calls himself the Steel Spider.
At first, Wolverine dislikes Spider-Man, who return dislikes him back due to their differences. When Mesmero switched their bodies, Wolverine and Spider-Man struggled keeping their identities a secret. The two then, defeated Wolverine's archenemy Sabretooth after they taught each other how their powers work. Then, the two threatened Mesmero to change them back and Mesmero had no choice but to change them back. Then, Wolverine told Spider-Man that he has a good life and good friends.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius Intelligence Level: Peter is a genius, and has an I.Q of 205. He is more intelligent than some of the finest professors in the world. He was even able to find a antidote for a disease on his own, be able to operate Iron Man's armor, and other extraordinary feats that would require genius intelligence.
- Genetically Enhanced Attributes: Through his infusion of radioactive spider DNA, he has gained the strength, speed, equilibrium & healing rate of the common house spider. He also gained a paranormal survival instinct, dubbed as his spider senses.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength, he is strong enough to easily destroy mechanical robots from S.H.I.E.L.D and hold many tons of weight when needed. It is stated that Spider-Man can lift in max about 20 tons. 
- Superhuman Endurance: Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. He has endured blows from beings with strength much greater than his own, fallen many meters in the air, and even been hit through steel walls. However, he can easily be damaged through bladed weaponry or even the smallest firearms. He did however endure being showered in super heated water & being "nuggied" by the Hulk. 
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man is very agile and can easily do back flips in the air. 
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are above even the finest human athlete. He has shown that he can dodge strikes from beings with supernatural speed, gunfire, and energy blasts.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spiderman has been exerting for days without passing out, despite his greatly increased metabolism.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man's augmented metabolism has a low-level rapid healing factor, which allows him to regenerate epithelial cells/tissues at an accelerated rate, approximately 8-10 times faster than an ordinary human being. It is likey that his aging has also been decelerated to a great degree. However it is likely that this healing ability will not heal damages done to vital organs nor regenerate amputated limbs.
- Wall-Crawling: Being injected by the mutated spider, Spider-man can crawl along surfaces much like a spider would. 
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man has supernatural survival instincts to sense dangers that happens moments before it actually happens, which enhances his reflexes. It works like a alarm that sounds when danger is near. It cannot be replicated by any being due to its magical nature.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: After being bitten by the mutated spider, Spider-man can balance himself on any object no matter small or narrow.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: He has been extensively trained by Nick Fury and Iron Fist in various martial arts styles as well as to properly supplement it with his superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes. He often toys with his opponents in order for them to drop their guard, due to his seemingly childish nature.
- Leadership: He has shown to be a remarkable leader & even led his own team to many great victories before being offered the Avengers membership. He also shows remarkable proficiency with analyzing various tactics to create bette combat tactics.
- Stealth Tactics: Spiderman has shown to be highly skilled at stealth, even before being initiated in S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Avengers.
- Iron Willpower: Spiderman is also determined to accomplish his goals even if it means going against the likes of the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. He even stuck to his gut to cure Norman Osborn, instead of just having him executed.
As Venom/Carnage (Formerly)
- Web-shooters: Spider-Man when he began his career created web-shooters to combo with his persona as Spider-Man. They are able to shoot web fluids at high pressure and speed.
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Next Generation Web-shooters : Spider-Man received new web-shooters from Nick Fury. It's an enhanced version of his own. Unlike his original web shooters if it's activated a small target appears, which can be use to aim more properly. It can also store more web fluid in it and reach farther. It can shoot at a higher pressure and speed. The web-shooter has also a camouflage mode. The web-shooters can also be encased in electricity.It can also transform into a crossbow as seen in Hawkeye (episode).
- Web Fluid: Spider-Man own invention to come with the web shooters, it's used by him to spin web and sling through the city. Spider-Man can modify the fluid after shooting it for certain situation such as using it as a parachute and as web wings.
- Spider-Cycle: S.H.I.E.L.D. created an arachnid-based technologically modified motorcycle for Spider-Man. The motor cycle is equipped with automatic aiming web shooters, web fluids, blasters and rocket boosters.
- Iron Spider Armor: Tony Stark developed the armor when he encountered Spider-Man. It's made in combination with his tech and Spider-Man's powers. Spider-Man later modified the suit to fit him well.
- Electric Claws: Spider-Man used for a short while the electric claws of White Tiger, to aid against Taskmaster.
- Adamantium-Vibranium Armor: It's a special body armor that is able withstand powerful blows.
- Webcannon 3000: It's a large gun that is able to shoot webs to entrap foes in them.
- Spinning Arachnid Disks: Small arachnid designed flying disk that can be thrown at high speed and can shoot out webs to entrap foes within them.
- Impact Force Bubbles: Those are small bubbles that can be thrown at foes, upon impact it enlarges to trap foes in it.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Watch
- Spidey-Inline Skates/Hover-board
- Spider-Copter (formerly)
- Spider-Tank (formerly)
- Spider-Pogo Stick (formerly)
- Great Power
- Great Responsibility
- Flight of the Iron Spider
- Why I Hate the Gym
- Back in Black
- Field Trip
- Me Time
- For Your Eye Only
- Beetle Mania
- Snow Day
- Home Sick Hulk
- Run Pig Run
- I Am Spider-Man
- The Iron Octopus
- Not a Toy
- Attack of the Beetle
- Rise of the Goblin
- The Lizard
- The Rhino
- Kraven the Hunter
- The Sinister Six
- House Arrest
- The Man-Wolf
- Itsy Bitsy Spider-Man
- Journey of the Iron Fist
- The Incredible Spider-Hulk
- Stan By Me
- Ultimate Deadpool
- Venom Bomb
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Parent Trap
- Game Over
- Blade and the Howling Commandos Part 1
- Blade and the Howling Commandos Part 2
- Second Chance Hero
- Sandman Returns
- Return of the Sinister Six
Season 3: Web-Warriors
- The Avenging Spider-Man Part 1
- The Avenging Spider-Man Part 2
- Agent Venom
- Cloak and Dagger
- The Next Iron Spider
- The Vulture
- The Savage Spider-Man
- New Warriors
- The Spider-Verse: Part 1
- The Spider-Verse: Part 2
- The Spider-Verse: Part 3
- The Spider-Verse: Part 4
- The Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy
- Rampaging Rhino
- Burrito Run
- Attack of the Synthezoids
- The Revenge of Arnim Zola
- Halloween Night at the Museum
- Nightmare on Christmas
- Contest of Champions: Part 1
- Contest of Champions: Part 2
- Contest of Champions: Part 3
- Contest of Champions: Part 4
Season 4: Ultimate Spider-Man vs The Sinister 6
- Hydra Attacks, Part 1
- Hydra Attacks, Part 2
- Miles From Home
- Iron Vulture
- Double Agent Venom
- Force of Nature
- Peter often breaks the "fourth wall" when he talks to the audience, and is seen by the rest of the characters as he's talking to himself.
- Peter has become both Venom and Carnage in this series.
- This version of Spider-Man appears in Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the agents of S.M.A.S.H. whitch are in the same continuity as Ultimate Spider-Man.
Background in other media
- This is the "9th" animated incarnation of Peter Parker as Spider-Man. Previous versions include Spider-Man (1967), Spider-Woman, Spider-Man (1981), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man (1994), Spider-Man Unlimited, Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- In other apperances, Peter Parker was a skilled photographer that works at the Daily Bugle.
- In the Ultimate Comics, Peter was a web designer for the Daily Bugle rather then a photographer.
- In the original comics Spider-Man got the symbiote during Marvel's Secret Wars Storyline in 1984.
- This version of Spider-Man differs greatly from his comic counterpart and previous adaptations.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Venom". Man of Action, James Felder (writers) & Gary Hartle, Jeff Allen (directors). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 15, 2012. No. 4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Flight of the Iron Spider". Man of Action, James Felder (writers) & Alex Soto (director). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 22, 2012. No. 5.
- ↑ "Field Trip". Eugene Son & Joe Kelly (writers) & Alex Soto (director). Ultimate Spider-Man. May 20, 2012. No. 9.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Carnage". TBA (writers) & TBA (director). March 31, 2013. No. 34.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 "Great Power". Paul Dini (writer) & Alex Soto, Tim Eldred (directors). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 1, 2012. No. 1.
- ↑ "Strange". Man of Action & James Felder (writer) & Jeff Allen (director). July 8, 2012. No. 13.
- ↑ "Electro". Man of Action & Eugene Son (writers) & Phil Pignotti (director). January 21, 2013. No. 28.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Great Responsibility". Paul Dini (writer) & Phil Pignotti, Tim Eldred (directors). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 1, 2012. No. 2.
- ↑ "Why I Hate the Gym". Man of Action, Joe Fallon (writers) & Jeff Allen, Gary Hartle (directors). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 29, 2012. No. 6.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 "For Your Eye Only". Brian Michael Bendis (writer) & Jeff Allen (director). July 22, 2012. No. 15.