Contest of Champions: Part 3 (cameo)
Coulson is a Caucasian male with a muscular build and has brown hair. Coulson as a S.H.I.E.L.D. members wears the usual attire for S.H.I.E.L.D. with the symbol on his left chest. As the principal, he wears a business suit, with a white shirt underneath and a black tie. He also wears white briefs with hearts.
In his early years, Phil Coulson had a long ponytail before cutting it short in the present day.
Agent Coulson doesn't easily trust people especially to teenagers as he was opposed of Spider-Man joining S.H.I.E.L.D.  He is very organized, as shown when he became the principal and saw the organization of the school to be very disastrous and intends to correct it. Coulson also likes to swim. Coulson shows to be a huge fan of Captain America and is very excited whenever he sees him. As of the episode "Attack of the Beetle", he is dating Aunt May, Peter Parker's aunt. Until he clearly dumps her because of his and peters job.
Coulson first greeted Spider-Man by hitting on his palm as a warning not to touch the equipment of S.H.I.E.L.D. and complained to Fury about Spider-Man. After Spider-Man defeated the Frightful Four, he became the new principal of Midtown High School after being assigned by Fury to keep an eye on Spider-Man and his team.
After becoming the principal, he put Spider-Man and the rest of the team in detention just to send them for training. He was shocked to see the budget of the school and decided to change it.
Coulson introduced a new coach, because of the injuries of the former coach, to the students. At night, Taskmasker revealed himself and Coulson was rendered unconcious by him. He was then hanged above toxic waste and revealed information about Taskmaster to Spider-Man and White Tiger and told them to capture him. Later, he was rescued by them and discussed about the missions.
In "The Next Iron Spider," it is revealed that Phil Coulson is away on a mission and that Stan the Janitor is covering for Phil Coulson as the acting principal until he returns.
Abilities & Skills
- Espionage Agent: He is a master of impersonation, being able to convince an entire school that he is their principal. He is also discreet being able to keep S.H.I.E.L.D. upgrades in the school a secret from all of its students. He also displays extraordinary skills with various high-tech weaponry as well as military based tactics.
- Artistic Skills: He was also able to come up with a "play", starring spiderman & even directed its musicals & auditions for the role.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: While "sparring" with the Beetle, he has displayed advanced combat skills, which not only make up for his lack of super powers, but are also far more developed than Spider-Man's martial arts skills & are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the Beetle's advanced combat skills.
- Maximum Human Conditioning: Through special dieting plans, rigorous training, meditation techniques & exercise regimes, he had developed that strength, speed, metabolism, stamina, longevity, reflexes & agility that are almost at the near of the limits of Captain America's inhuman capabilities.
- Nigh-Superhuman Strength: He has the strength to physically combat & overpower beings like Spiderman & White Tiger, both whom are Meta-humans.
- Nigh-Superhuman Speed: He has shown the speed to quickly react & dodge attacks from being who are faster than himself. He also runs much quicker than olympic level athletes.
- Nigh-Superhuman Acrobatics: He has shown extremely remarkable acrobatic prowess that is seemingly superhuman.
- Nigh-Superhuman Endurance: He is also more resilient to physical & mental trauma than normal people. He takes hits from spiderman's superhuman strength & is always still standing. His stamina as also at the peak of human potential.
- Nigh-Superhuman Metabolism: His naturally-enhanced metabolism allows him to heal much better than normal people & much more rapidly than normal humans. It makes him much more resilient to pain, age & fatigue than normal humans.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. guns
- S.H.I.E.L.D. battle armor
c - cameo
f - flashback
m - mentioned
Background in other media
- Clark Gregg reprises his role as Coulson.
- Agent Coulson was created for the Iron Man movie, but became so popular that he reappeared in other movies and eventually became a for the Ultimate Spider-Man and the comics.
- This is Agent Coulson's first animated appearance.
- This is the second time a Marvel character was played by the actor it was based upon in a different form of media than it originated in, the first being Nick Fury, the ultimate version, which was based upon actor Samuel L. Jackson, who portrayed him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe series of films.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Great Responsibility". Paul Dini (writer), Phil Pignotti & Tim Eldred (director). Ultimate Spider-Man. Disney XD. 1 April, 2012. No.2, season one.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Why I Hate the Gym". Man of Action & Joe Fallon(writer), Jeff Allen & Gary Hartle (director). Ultimate Spider-Man. Disney XD. 29 April, 2012. No.6, season one.
- ↑ "Snow Day". Man of Action & Rich Fogel (writers) & Phil Pignotti (director). August 5, 2012. No. 17.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Doomed". Man of Action(writer), Gary Hartle & Jef Allen (director). Ultimate Spider-Man. Disney XD. 8 April, 2012. No.3, season one.
- ↑ "Flight of the Iron Spider". Man of Action & James Felder(writer), Phil pignotti (director). Ultimate Spider-Man. Disney XD. 23 April, 2012. No.5, season one.