Morbius The Living Vampire
He is brought in by Arnim Zola to work with Doctor Octopus as they collaborate on creating the Anti-Venom symbiote. When Spider-Man, Agent Venom, and Harry Osborn in the American Son armor find where Doctor Octopus and Michael Morbius are working, Michael Morbius witnesses Doctor Octopus infect Harry Osborn with the Anti-Venom symbiote. As Agent Venom and Norman Osborn in the Iron Patriot armor fight Anti-Venom and Doctor Octopus, Spider-Man webs up Michael Morbius who tells him about an ion-powered inhibitor that would be used on Anti-Venom. After Spider-Man, Agent Venom, and Iron Patriot get away with Harry Osborn, Doctor Octopus finds Michael Morbius webbed up who states that Spider-Man forced the information out of him. Doctor Octopus states to Michael Morbius that he is always one step ahead.
Michael dons some armor to ambush Spider-Man and Agent Venom in order to claim a sample of the Venom symbiote. With Doctor Octopus as his shackled assistant, Morbius experiments on the symbiote sample under Crossbones' orders which led to the creation of a more powerful Carnage symbiote. During the fight against Spider-Man and Agent Venom, Doctor Octopus injected Michael with a serum that had vampire bat DNA, leading to Morbius to infect Doctor Octopus with the Carnage symbiote. The serum ends up mutating the HYDRA scientist into a humanoid bat with wings instead of arms as he escapes out the window.
Morbius was not seen until the Carnage symbiote regrouped at Midtown High School, where he runs into Spider-Man and Agent Venom again in the school's gymnasium. It is shown that he is looking for the "Queen" and reveals his life draining powers to them, almost killing the two until Harry, in the Patriot suit, comes in. While searching the school, Spider-Man, Flash and Harry ended up in the Carnage Queen's chambers, realizing that Mary Jane was being controlled by it. Morbius later arrives and orders her to attack them, but Carnage refuses, stating that it has no master. Morbius tells it that he had prepared for this and puts a control crown on her. During the fight, Spider-Man knocks the wristband from Morbius and orders the Carnage symbiote to leave Mary Jane. Morbius laughs, stating that the two are bound for life, before reclaiming the wristband and knocks Spider-Man out. When Spider-Man regains his senses, he finds that Harry and Flash are locked in tubes while he finds Crossbones and his lackeys. Morbius forces Spider-Man to activate the Hydra missiles filled with the Carnage symbiote. Spider-Man tries to cancel the launch with voice activation, but Morbius had anticipated this and disabled it. Crossbones asks Morbius to kill Spider-Man, so he orders the Carnage Queen to do so. However, Carnage struggled to and revealed that the crown was controlling her, which Spider-Man destroyed. Crossbones and his men fled, claiming that Morbius was "even more insane" then Otto for trusting the symbiote. Morbius attempted to drain Carnage's life, but was unable to and had his life energy drained instead.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius-Level Intellect: He has displayed a significantly high amount of intelligence, being able to create a Symbiote with the ability to regenerate and evolve at a incredible pace. He is also able to create several devices to suit his needs.
- Metamorphosis: Due to his DNA merging with the DNA of a vampire bat, Morbius has transformed into a living vampire with all the attributes of a regular vampire and none of the weaknesses.
- Superhuman Strength: He has displayed a certain degree of enhanced strength while restraining the Carnage Queen.
- Superhuman Mobility: His speed & agility have also been enhanced to beyond human limits.
- Bio-Energy Absorption: He has absorb the stamina & vital energies from living beings to survive. However, he cannot do so if the being is wearing a protective suit. This is not a supernatural feat, but more of a bio-energy absorption feat.
- Cellular Regeneration: He has accelerated healing abilities due to his pseudo vampiric DNA.
- Immortality: Due to his vampiric DNA, he is as immortal as a vampire.
- Flight: He has retractable bat wings on his back which he can used for quick flight.
- Fangs & Talons: As a result of the metamorphosis, he has talons and fangs similar to a Vampire.
f - flashback
- This version of Morbius is the first to be a HYDRA agent.
Background in other media
- Second animated appearance of Morbius the Living Vampire, the first in Spider-Man: The Animated Series.
- His bat hybrid form is similar to the one in Spider-Man: The Animated Series episode The Immortal Vampire where the Neogenic Recombinator made him a bat hybrid with wings.
- In the comics, Morbius tried to cure himself from a rare blood disease with an experimental treatment involving vampire bats but it turned him into a vampire instead, while in the series, Morbius is injected by Doctor Octopus turning him into a vampire.