Member of the Sinister Seven (formerly)
When Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid, Iron Spider, and Scarlet Spider answer a distress signal at an abandoned mall in Queens, they find a vacuum-sealed room where Hydro-Man was being held. Hydro-Man claimed that Nick Fury was keeping him in this hideout for his own protection, and they decide to bring him to the Triskelion. However, when Iron Spider looked up Hydro-Man's criminal record and found out that he is villain, Hydro-Man sheds his charade and attacks the group, causing Iron Spider to do an emergency landing in the Queens neighborhood where Aunt May resides. In order combat Hydro-Man, Spider-Man, Kid Arachnid, Iron Spider, and Scarlet Spider had to use freeze webs until they ran out. As a final plan, Spider-Man had his fellow spiders throw their web cartridges into Hydro-Man, which caused the released webbing to absorb Hydro-Man. Back at the Triskelion, Spider-Man receives word that the jet carrying Hydro-Man back to his prison got intercepted. This causes Spider-Man to suspect that Doctor Octopus was behind it and now has a possible candidate for the Sinister Six.
Hydro-Man appears as a member of Doctor Octopus' Sinister Six. He is shown sporting a new outfit (similar to the second outfit from the comics). During the attack on the Triskelion, Cloak uses his abilities to send Hydro-Man to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Hydro-Man returns where he causes a tidal wave on the Triskelion and then forms a waterspout around it.
Doctor Octopus has Hydro-Man destroy the Triskelion as he heads out to claim the key to Dr. Curt Connors' latest device. This causes Spider-Man to awaken Sandman in order to fight Hydro-Man. After Doctor Octopus' Octopus Island crashes into the sea, Sandman catches the escape pod that Spider-Man and Aunt May are in and then defeats Hydro-Man by accidentally punching the part of water which contained his essence, causing Hydro-man unbearable pain & knocking him out.
Powers and Abilities
- Hydrokinetic Physiology: Due to an accident, his body was transformed into watery liquid state.
- Immortal: Since his entire cellular structure is made of water molecules instead of living biological tissue, he cannot die by natural means of age or illness. It is also nearly impossible to kill or destroy him since he is water itself.
- Metamorphosis: He was able to shape-shift his size upon will & even convert into his human form. He can even transform himself into a liquid state, water vapor or even rain.
- Self-Size Manipulation: he can grow into an enormous size, further enhancing his hydrokinetic attacks, superhuman strength & durability.
- Superhuman Strength: He has displayed a degree of enhanced strength while combating the Web Warriors.
- Self-Reformation: Due to his nature, he has displayed reformative abilities which resemble instantaneous regenerative powers. Whenever Spider-man tried to physically harm him, he just reformed instantly.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Due to his physical nature, he cannot be harmed by physical force.
- Hydrokinesis: He can absorb more water in order to increase is physical density, mass & size. He can even create a huge tidal wave, which can drown the entire Triskelion.
- Hydrokinetic Blasts: He can generate water blasts from his body with ease.
- Manipulation: He was able to manipulate the Web Warriors into taking him out of his prison & into the city.
- Hand-to-hand Combat: He makes excellent use of his hydrokinetic abilities in combat against the Spider-Men.
- Freezing: Freezing him can incapacitate him for as long as the ice can maintain its structure.
- Water Absorption: Anything that can act like a sponge can soak him up, thereby easily incapacitating him.
- Paranoia: His paranoia worked against him when the Web Warriors saw through his manipulatory skills.
- Soul Molecules: By physically traumatizing the part of water which houses his soul & mind, he can attain significant damage. This was seen when Sandman punched him and unknowingly punched the part of his body which contained his soul, therefore it caused him a great deal of unbearable pain and knocked him out.
f - flashback
- Fourth animated appearance of Hydro-Man, the first in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, the second in Fantastic Four (1994 TV Series) and the third in The Spectacular Spider-Man.
|Doctor Octopus (defected)|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Beetle|
|Sinister Six (tech)|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Scorpion|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Electro • Ultimate Goblin • Hydro-Man • Scarlet Spider (defected)|
|Superior Sinister Six|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Scorpion • Vulture (unwillingly) • Crossbones (unwillingly)|
|Doctor Octopus's Tentacles • Beetle Armor • Siege Perilous • Iron Vulture Armor|