Robert Bruce Banner
Great Power (cameo)
Banner was once a very brilliant scientist, who fell victim to a gamma-radiation accident, turning him into the Hulk, whenever he gets angry. He later became wanted by the U.S Army, especially General Thaddeus Ross, who wanted to weaponize him.
Great Power and Responsibility
Hulk was seen among the Avengers having fallen to Thundra from an alternate future timeline.
Hulk was seen in Manhattan on a rampage. When Mary Jane was recording the fight while Spider-Man had fought Hulk, the green brute mentioned about "energy man". In a safe place, MJ and Spider-Man had discovered that "energy man" was actually Zzzax, who was fighting Hulk this whole time. As the two continued fighting, Hulk threw Spider-Man, who retaliated by webbing the front of his face. Hulk warned Spider-Man to "turn on the lights" or else he would get more destructive. Hulk got the webbing off of his face and was shot at by police officers. This would further to prove that Hulk was misunderstood and only seen as "terrible" and a "menace" by everyone because of how he looks.
Teaming up with Hulk, Spider-Man had helped to defeat Zzzax and protected Hulk from S.H.I.E.L.D. arrest. Before Hulk left, he commented that humans are dumb except for "bug-man". As Mary Jane questioned the Hulk, he said "Hulk hate interviews". then left.
Hulk loves to smash everything he wants to do. He has limited intelligence and seems to have some traits in calling people names like he called Spider-Man "bug-man" and Zzzax "energy man". He has taken a liking to Spider-Man as a good friend because Spider-Man was the only one willing to believe Hulk was not randomly smashing the city when he was fighting Zzzax, who was invisible at the time and Spider-Man tried to understand Hulk. He also liked how Spider-Man smashed stuff and it was Spider-Man's recommendation that changed his mind and decides to join the Avengers (and he was still hungry). He disliked Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. because during their first encounter Nick thought he was wrecking the city and tried to capture and contain him. He also mentions he does not want to be locked away, indicating he may have trust issues and has had bad experiences with people trying to capture and experiment on him to study his powers. His trust issues are shown in "Home Sick Hulk" when Peter tries to hid Hulk in his house and away from Aunt May but Hulk said he couldn't trust Spider-Man all the way because Spider-Man was wearing a mask, forcing Peter to remove his mask and show Hulk his secret identity to prove to Hulk he could trust him. In turn, Hulk also revealed that his true identity is gamma scientist Bruce Banner. Hulk also sees himself and his secret identity Bruce Banner as a separate entity within him saying "Hulk is Hulk now". After Mesmero's brain swapping on Hulk and Spider-Man then revert them back to their original bodies, Hulk gains an intellect thanks to Parker's IQ makes him very stable.
Hulk is a very muscular male with green skin and he wears short purple pants. He has green eyes and has black hair.
As Bruce Banner, he is a skinny Caucasian male with brown hair and eyes. And at times, he is seen wearing glasses.
Powers and Abilities
Hulk is easily the most powerful being on the planet, due to all of his powers increasing the madder he becomes.
- True Sight: Hulk has the ability to see energy signatures mainly due to Hulk being made of pure energy. He was able to see Zzzax when he was invisible to the people of New York.
- Superhuman Strength: Hulk has the potential for unlimited strength. While "calm", he has been seen throwing cars and destroying infrastructure with ease. When enraged enough, he has been shown lifting well over an octillion tons. Hulk's massive strength also goes to his legs, allowing him to leap miles in a single jump and to undetermined heights.
- Superhuman Speed: Regardless of his size, Hulk can run at speeds of 600 mph, any speed past this and the ground starts to break due to his massive strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hulk can exert himself for an undetermined amount of time without showing signs of fatigue.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: In addition to his strength, Hulk's body has a high degree of resistance to all forms of injury. He can withstand tremendous impacts, temperature extremes with no discomfort, falls from orbital heights, high caliber gunfire, and can even withstand a nuclear explosion at ground zero. When fighting against Zzzax alongside Spider-Man, Hulk engaged directly and was punching pure electricity and showed no sign of injury, and previous to that, barely even noticed Spider-Man attacking him.
- Cellular Regeneration: Despite his high resistance to all forms of injury, it is possible to cause Hulk injury. When damaged, Hulk can heal from most if not all damage almost instantaneously, this also allows Hulk to be immune to all Earth-based diseases. His healing factor also slows aging to almost a halt.
- Genius-Level Intellect: As Banner, he is one of the smartest beings on earth. The others being Tony Stark and Amadeus Cho.
c - cameo
f - flashback
m - mentioned
Background in other media
- In the original Ultimate comics, Hulk was grey and not the mainstream green color.
- He appears in the Disney INFINITY games as a playable character and figurine.