|“||You want 'monster,' Octopus? I'll show you... monster! Rragh!!!!||”|
— Lizard to Doc Ock in "The Lizard"
Curtis "Curt" Connors
Curt Connors is a Caucasian man and wears a S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform with a lab coat. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He has two complete arms instead of one. However, he lost his right arm because of the Green Goblin's attack on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
As the Lizard, Curt first regrew a large, reptilian clawed arm, before mutating into a large, green, humanoid lizard-like monster.
When Spider-Man received a tour around the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier from Nick Fury, Curt Connors showed up to reveal that he worked on several Spider Gadgets he had been working on. He showed the Spider-Cycle and gave it to Spider-Man for a ride.
After S.H.I.E.L.D. raided one of Doctor Octopus's secret labs, Connors discovered a stash of mutagenic animal DNA Doc Ock planned to use to develop super-powered individuals. Connors planned to use this DNA for a different purpose - restoring human bodies. Namely, regrowing his own arm after losing it when Green Goblin attacked the Helicarrier.
Ignoring Spider-Man's warning about using it for such purposes, Connors took a serum of lizard DNA, growing back his lost arm. While it initially gave him great strength, Connors soon lost control of his mutation, transforming into a giant lizard creature. Spider-Man, with the help of his teammates and Doc Ock, was able to put an end to Lizard's rampage, transforming him back into Doctor Connors.
Doctor Octopus later captured the doctor and used a special device to control him as Lizard and made him part of the Sinister Six. Spider-Man eventually caused Connors to resist the control and he forced Otto to the ground. However, Lizard managed to escape into the sewers.
Lizard later steals equipment from Midtown High School and abducts Phil Coulson, Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn. Spider-Man ventures into an abandoned subway tunnel to rescue them with Stan the Janitor's help. The machine that Lizard built enabled him to keep his human side dormant. Lizard succeeds in rendering his human side dormant and escapes after being repelled by Spider-Man and Stan the Janitor.
Lizard was captured by Doctor Octopus into sporting a mind control armored outfit thanks to Doctor Octopus using stolen OsCorp technology to brainwash Lizard under his control. In the sewers, Lizard fights Spider-Man then Iron Patriot. Lizard ends up fleeing while Spider-Man and Iron Patriot prevent the ceiling from coming down and also discover an antidote recipe that Lizard must've wrote. Lizard later accompanies Doctor Octopus to Ryker's Island to free Electro, Rhino, Kraven the Hunter and Scorpion to assemble the armored Sinister Six that attacks Spider-Man. When the rest of Spider-Man's team arrive, Spider-Man fights Lizard within Ryker's Island and tries to get through to him. As he manage to break Doc Ock's mind control on him, and fought the Sinister Six with Spider-Man's team and Iron Patriot. Eventually, Spider-Man successfully restores him back to Connors then he thanks Spider-Man for restoring him to normal, in a same time, Norman sacrifice his life and transform back to Goblin again.
Connors supplies Spider-Man with an antidote for the Green Goblin. After Spider-Man restores his teammates with the antidote then defeats Goblin, Connors determines that it'll take some time to revert Green Goblin back to normal.
The character makes minor appearances in Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors; Dr. Connors is the one that realizes that Flash Thompson is the Venom symbiote's permanent host and tried to revert the Rhino back to a human while Lizard made cameo appearances in occasional cutaway scenes.
The character makes supporting appearances in Ultimate Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six. Connors was working on his work, until someone destroys Connors' anti-Lizard serum does, and injects the doctor with Doc Ock's modified Lizard serum into Lizard again, in addition of being able to infect people with a single bite, turning his victims into Lizards like himself. However, the bite does not affect Luke Cage due to having an invulnerable skins. Connors and the other infected SHIELD agents and trainees are cured with a modified anti-Lizard serum wave by Spider-Man. However, they are too late to stop Rhino from releasing Doc Ock, and worst of all, they kidnapped Agent Venom, who was with Rhino during Lizard's infection within Triskelion.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius-level intellect
- Superhuman Strength: He can easily overpower Spider-man.
- Superhuman Speed: He can move as slightly slower than spider-man.
- Superhuman Stamina: He hasnt' been seen eating or even resting. He also exerts himself tirelessly. 
- Superhuman Durability: His reptilian hyde makes him almost immune to small firearms & pain.
- Superhuman Agility: Like any reptile, he is superhumanly agile.
- Superhuman Reflexes: He reacts to oncoming attacks much more rapidly than normal humans.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Should he sustain injuries, he can immediately regenerate from them. He is even able to immediately regrow limbs post amputation. 
- Infectious Bite: In season 4, the Lizard displayed the ability to turn anyone into a Lizard like creature, by simply biting them. The transformation process lasts a few seconds.
c - cameo
f - flashback
m - mentioned
n - Nanobot
Background in other media
- This is the twenty-second other media appearance and fifth animated appearance of Curt Connors/Lizard.
- In the comics, Curt Connors used a formula to re-grow his arm but side effects changed him into a lizard and became known as the reptilian supervillain known as the Lizard.
- Dee Bradley Baker reprises his role from the video games Spider-Man (2000) and Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, and the previous series The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- This version of Connors is the first to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
- Unlike most versions, Connors didn't invent the Lizard serum, Doc Ock did.
- Unlike most versions, Connors in this universe initially had both his arms, losing it only after Season 1.
|Doctor Octopus (defected)|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Beetle|
|Sinister Six (tech)|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Scorpion|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Electro • Ultimate Goblin • Hydro-Man • Scarlet Spider (defected)|
|Superior Sinister Six|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Scorpion • Vulture (unwillingly) • Crossbones (unwillingly)|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Great Power". Paul Dini (writer) & Alex Soto, Tim Eldred (directors). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 1, 2012. No. 1.
- ↑ "Me Time". Man of Action & Jacob Semahn (writer) & Alex Soto (director). July 1, 2012. No. 12.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 "The Lizard". Roy Burdine & Man of Action (writers) & Jacob Semahn (director). January 21, 2013. No. 27.