Crossbones is a big strong villain with a skull mask, he wears military clothes with two bones making an X on his chest.
Spider-Man and Triton encounter Crossbones and his HYDRA Agents at the abandoned Inhuman city of Atarog. It is revealed that Crossbones captured Nick Fury to use him as a bargaining chip in order to obtain Madame Web, but Spider-Man and Triton are able to save Fury and defeat Crossbones' forces after receiving assistance from Madame Web's precognitions.
Crossbones acts as the leader of HYDRA during Arnim Zola's absence. After Doctor Octopus double-crossed Arnim Zola, Crossbones orders Michael Morbius to capture him and experiment on the Venom symbiote sample that he obtained.
Crossbones meets up with a mutated Morbius beneath Midtown High, where they have the Carnage Queen load the Carnage Drones into missiles to launch them everywhere around the world. When Spider-Man breaks the mind-control device used on Carnage Queen, Crossbones and Morbius escape while Spider-Man's team battles her.
He is later seen imprisoned in S.H.I.E.L.D. Triskelion. Apparently upon Doctor Octavius' setup to reign entire world, starting from letting himself captured to gathered his Superior Sinister Six together and compromised S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy graduation which guest starting Avengers (Captain America, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man), Doctor Strange and Ant-Man, Crossbones is transformed by Scorpion into a new Lizard and the unwilling sixth member of Superior Sinister Six. When Doctor Octopus realize that Harry's father, Norman is not present due to being late to join his son on volunteering the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy graduation, Crossbones is amongst the three brainwashed cross-species Sinister Six members along with Vulture and Rhino to capture both Norman and Spider-Man to prevent Spider-Man on getting his powers back which was lost when Octavius uses his curing serum gun that cause Spider-Man powerless during a raid in S.H.I.E.L.D.. However, Spider-Man manage to get Octavius' curing serum gun, thus curing both Crossbones, Toomes and Alex back to normal. Though Crossbones thanking him for saving his life in debt, Crossbones ran away afterwards, rather than helping Spider-Man for his final battle against Ock, unlike Toomes and Alex.
Powers and Abilities
- Military Tactician: He is a highly skilled military tactician, bordering a true militaristic master strategist.
- Warfare Expert:
- Master martial Artist: He is capable of going toe-to-toe with the artificially enhanced Captain America himself.
- Expert Marksman: Like any mercenary, he is a highly skilled sharpshooter.
- Nigh-Pain Immunity: He is able take hits from Spider-man's superhuman strength, without any noticeable signs of fatigue, tardiness or pain. This gives him a form of enhanced durability.
- Weaponry Usage:
- Third animated appearance of Crossbones, the first in Avengers Assemble and the second in Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers.
- Due to Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man TV series being in the same universe, this the second shared animated universe series appearance of Crossbones.
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Beetle|
|Sinister Six (tech)|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Scorpion|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Electro • Ultimate Goblin • Hydro-Man • Scarlet Spider (betrayed)|
|Superior Sinister Six|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Scorpion • Vulture (unwillingly) • Crossbones (unwillingly)|