|“||CARNAGE IS THE PERFECT WEAPON! CARNAGE IS CHAOS!||”|
Michael Morbius (creator)
Carnage has big white eyes and a long tongue. Carnage's body is mostly red, with black lines around its body. It is similar to the Venom symbiote except for his hulking form and his body is much more red. In his first incarnation, he had normal colored teeth, however in his "rebirth", Carnage's teeth were black.
The Symbiote SagaThe Carnage symbiote was recreated by Michael Morbius under Crossbones' orders. After being injected with a serum with vampire bat DNA in it by Doctor Octopus, Morbius retaliates by throwing the symbiote on Doc Ock, turning into Carnage-Ock. Spider-Man and Flash Thompson were able to use a sound device on the symbiote which not only removed it from Doctor Octopus, but also neutralized the nanites that changed Doctor Octopus' appearance. The Carnage symbiote then forms itself to its familiar form as it plans to cause chaos. He does this by causing Spider-Man and Agent Venom to trick it into exploding so that the civilians below can become infected by the fragments of the Carnage symbiote.
Carnage fragments possess every civilian in Manhattan including J. Jonah Jameson, the Hulk and Shriek. Spider-Man had to work with Captain America, Agent Venom, Iron Fist, and Cloak and Dagger to fight them even when some Carnage-possessed civilians awaken Harry Osborn from his coma enough to be Anti-Venom again. Upon getting control of the Anti-Venom, Harry sacrifices its powers to undo Carnage's control on the civilians.
The Carnage remains reassemble into one giant Carnage as it envelopes Midtown High. While fighting passed the Mini-Carnages, Spider-Man, Agent Venom, and Harry Osborn in the American Son armor find that Mary Jane Watson has been transformed into the Carnage Queen as the mutated Morbius uses a mind-control device on her head. Morbius and Crossbones later further their plans to use the deactivated missiles confiscated by S.H.I.E.L.D. below Midtown High to send Carnage drones to every city in the world. Upon Spider-Man breaking the mind-control device, the Carnage Queen fends off Morbius and Crossbones as Spider-Man, Agent Venom, and Patrioteer reveal their identities to Mary Jane to break her free from the Carnage symbiote. What they don't know is that some residue of Carnage is still in Mary Jane.
Main Article: Spider-Woman
Powers and Abilities
Carnage, unlike Venom, could transform the host after being injected, growing over the body to form its own. The symbiote grants the following powers:
This symbiote has all of the previous abilities alongside extra abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Carnage is vastly stronger than The team and S.H.I.E.L.D. combined.
- Superhuman Durability: Carnage is able to take multiple hits from his enemies.
- Superhuman Agility: Carnage is able to jump 30 feet and is more agile than Venom.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Carnage shares Spiderman's enhanced reflexes and reaction time.
- Webbing Generation: Carnage can shoot strands of it's substance in the form of "webbing"
- Wall-Crawling: Carnage is able to climb most surfaces like Venom and Spider-Man
- ESP (Spider-Sense): Carnage possesses an extrasensory ability similar to Spider-Man's spider-sense.
- Shapeshifting: Carnage can change his size and shape. He can also do this without a host.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation (Multiple Tendrils): This ability was the primary method of attack by Carnage this was form his symbiotic costume into long whip-like tendrils that acted as limbs so as to be more effective against opponents, ensnaring and lashing them.
- Spike Generation: Carnage can generate a couple of spikes from his body. He can even launch them as projectiles.
- Stretchable Tongue: Carnage can stretch out his tongue.
- Weapon Generation: Carnage learns to form an axe with one of his arms, similar to his comic counterpart.
- Possession: Carnage has the ability to latch onto anyone and use their powers while taking control of their bodies.
- Self-Evolution: Morbius has programmed this symbiote with the ability to evolve at an incredible pace.
- Regeneration: This particular Symbiote has the ability to regenerate at an incredible pace as well.
- Independence: After its separation from Monster Ock, it evolved and gained the ability to the human form and live without a host. It was even capable of speaking.
- Limited Purging: It has absorbed a small amount of Anti-Venom's power, as its attacks were slightly toxic to Agent Venom.
- In the comics, Carnage's first/original host was Cletus Kasady.
- The Symbiote Saga involving Carnage as the main antagonist will be based on Maximum Carnage storyline, with a bit of Spider-Island storyline, such as Anti-Venom symbiote's sacrifice on curing the infected.
- In the Ultimate comics, Carnage is a vampiric symbiote that feeds on the life force of it's host to sustain itself. The host was that version's Gwen Stacy, as a result developing a clone version of her. While in this animated series, Mary Jane is the perfect host for Carnage.
- Carnage has stated to not need a host and can take on a humanoid shape without the need of one.
- In Season 4, Carnage's base form without hosts is now based on the classic Cletus Kasady's Carnage design.
Background in other media
- This is Carnage's third animated appearance in television after Spider-Man (1994) and Spider-Man: Unlimited.
- Despite Cletus Kasady is not confirmed as Carnage, his persona still considered one to be in animated television appearance in fourth time after Spider-Man (1994), Spider-Man: Unlimited, and Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Carnage with Doctor Octopus as a host first occurred in the 2000 Spider-Man game.
- Dee Bradley Baker had previously voiced Carnage in the 2000 Spider-Man video game and Marvel Heroes.
- Fred Tatasciore previously voiced Carnage in Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
- Carnage is actually Venom's son/partial clone.
- Main article: Carnage (Second Version)/Gallery