July 4, 1920 (Biological Age: 30's)
Super Human Stats
Superhero, Sketch Artist (Freetime)
Great Power (cameo)
Captain America (real name Steven "Steve" Rogers) was a Super Soldier in World War II, now in the present, a super-hero and a member of the Avengers and former leader of the Avengers.
During World War 2, young, Catholic, New Yorker Steve Rogers wanted to fight for the United States Army. But due to his frail stature and physical weakness, he was turned down. However, one day when he attempted yet again to join the services, a mysterious man named Dr. Erskine went over and did his physical. Seeing his hidden potential, Rogers was offered the chance to partake in a secret government operation called "Project: Rebirth." He accepted the invitation and befriended the good doctor.
Rogers was then taken to an undisclosed location where he was injected with the super-soldier serum in front of military generals and a team of scientist. When he was injected, his body altered itself and grew to where every muscle in his body increased to its maximum. When it was all said and done, he was pushed beyond the peak of human perfection. He was then known as Captain America.
Sometimes during a war with HYDRA, he and Wolverine had been a good friend and fought together.
Shortly afterward, he was deployed to Europe to combat the terrorist known as HYDRA. Captain America then met his Nazi counterpart and Hydra commander, the Red Skull. The two battled many times and it all came to an end when Captain America was frozen in ice in the Arctic when he was attempting to stop the Red Skull from bombing New York.
60 years later, Cap was found in the ice by S.H.I.E.L.D. When he awoke, he found himself inside of present-day New York. When they told him what happened. Rogers was shocked. Seeing that Steve was troubled. Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, Nick Fury, asked Steve to join a team of superheroes called The Avengers. Steve accepted and has been fighting alongside Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and other heroes apart of the team.
Not a Toy
Captain America was invited by Fury to personally train and test the S.H.I.E.L.D. trainees in the Helicarrier.
Steve is one of the most worthy beings in the universe. He believes all deserve a second chance, and will easily give up his life to protect the innocent, and protected. Possessing a high moral code, Steve only fights when necessary, and does not judge anyone, despite their character. He is courageous, and will still fight when he knows he cannot win.
Steve is a loyal, brave, selfless, and wise man. He is also a good leader.
Steve Rogers is a tall man, with an incredible muscular build. As Captain America, he wears the iconic colors of America, white, red and blue colors. He has a white star on his broad chest, white and red stripes below, red gloves and boots. he has white wing markings on the mask and a capital "A" on the forehead. He has a brown belt with a silver clasp and holds his American-designed vibranium shield.
Powers and Abilities
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Due to having the Super Soldier Serum injected into his bloodstream, he got muscular physique as well as gained super physical & mental attributes. The serum completely healed all of his disorders, disabilities, infections and bodily damages within a few minutes upon injection and has a permanent effect on the human biology.
- Superhuman Strength: Steve's strength is in the middle levels of superhuman condition, and he can overpower superhuman beings such as Atlanteans, Vampires, and even the finest human athletes with ease. He has supported and lifted dozens of tons of concrete, stopped a giant truck from leaning over, briefly slowed down a building from falling on a village, flipped a giant water tank (with the help of Widow), deadlifted hundreds of tons of concrete, and has fought and kept up with stronger opponents. Steve can lift more than 10 tons, but no more than 25 tons, this was shown when he supported the weight of an entire truck then flipped it over or when he was able to push back Thor when the two were grappling with each other. The serum that gave Steve superhuman mental and physical attributes could possibly get stronger as Steve ages, and he has been able to grapple and push back Thor, somebody who can lift 100+ tons, when both were undercover on a mission and didn't know who they were fighting or stalemated Iron Man multiple times in their shoving match.
- Superhuman Speed, Agility, and Reflexes: He can run and move much faster than the star Olympian Athlete. He has even dodged attacks from being with inhuman levels of speed. He also has an instantaneous reaction time. Steve's reflexes and agility are enhanced beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete as well.
- Superhuman Endurance/Durability: Steve's skin, bones, and bone tissues are denser and more resilient to physical injury than a normal human's, and he has survived hundreds to even thousands of footfalls, energy blasts, taken gunshots with no more than a cut, and he is nearly immune to all diseases. He is also highly resilient to fatigue. Steve has taken blows that would fatally injure, or kill a peak human from incredibly superhumanly strong opponents such as Thanos, Super Adatoid, Hyperion, etc.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Should Steve ever get injured, his blood has a regenerative healing factor in its system, which regenerates his injuries at an accelerated rate. It seems unlikely that he can regrow limbs. This constant cellular regeneration is causing his aging process to come to a complete stop. This healing factor makes him very difficult to kill. He ha survived many forms of physical trauma, from beings of superhuman physical attributes.
- Decelerated Aging: Captain America's healing factor allows his cells to regenerate at rapid levels, thus allowing him to maintain his youth at an advanced level. This is seen when he managed to handle a blast from the time stone in "Thanos Triumphant."
- Enhanced Intelligence: Steve possesses an advanced intellectual capacity, photographic memory as well as super-fast mental processing rate. He can come up with complex strategies, tactics and fighting styles with extreme ease and can even process most of Iron Man's intellectual sayings.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant/Martial Artist: He is also one of the best hand-to-hand combat fighters in the Avengers, and he knows the weaknesses of his Avengers teammates fighting styles and is even aware of his own weaknesses. He also possesses a nigh-superhuman force of willpower. Steve knows over 50 martial arts and fighting techniques, and masters in each one of them, making him an excellent and nearly unchallenged combatant.
- Master Strategist: Using his superhuman intelligence, he is able to come up with complex strategies which are too difficult to understand at first. He can even use such an ability to mimic fighting styles and learn opponent's weaknesses.
- Military Protocols: During his time with the Howling Commandos, he was a master of military tactics and strategies. Even after quitting the Avengers and becoming a top-class agent of S.H.E.I.L.D., he led many covert spec ops missions without any difficulties. He is also one of the few to understand the Red Skulls's extremely complex plans, which revolve around military strategies and his mastery over war tactics.
- Weapons Proficiency: He is capable of using weapons such as his unique shield, Hawkeye's Bow, and Iron Man's repulsors. It can be assumed he is proficient with military grade weapons among other types of weapons.
- Expert Vehicular Driver/Rider: Captain America is capable of maneuvering advanced vehicles like the Aven-Jet and Sky-Cycles. As seen in "Downgraded" he is a trained horse rider.
- Master Shield Fighter: Rogers is capable of throwing and ricocheting his shield with perfect accuracy. He can also use it for defensive, offensive uses such as melee and ranged purposes.
- Expert Marksman: Captain Rogers can use weapons such as his shield, Hawkeye's bow and trick arrows, and Iron Man's repulsors with amazing accuracy.
- Indomitable Will: He has enough willpower to control the Power Stone with the help of Ant-Man's power amplifier. It took the power of a rare mind control procedure from the 1940's used by Baron Helmut Zemo, then eventually broke free.
- Professional Artist: As seen in "The New Guy" he is a talented artist while speaking to Hawkeye.
- Captain America's Shield: Captain America's shield is made of a unique vibranium-adamantium alloy. It allows him to withstand virtually any blows and blasts. He is also able to hurl it at a target from afar and ricochet it back to him. The shield is said to be 100% vibration absorbent which makes it virtually indestructible.
c - cameo
f - flashback
m - mentioned
Background in other media
- In the comics, Captain America held the distinction of being the first Marvel superhero created. He was killed during the Civil War event and brought back to life two years later.
- This is the same Cap from the show's sister series, Avengers Assemble.
- Like Thor and Iron Man, Cap's appearance is slightly different than the Ultimate version. Cap's World War II uniform resembles the First Avenger uniform and his modern uniform is the classic Ultimate Captain America uniform but with the ear wings on the cowl.
- This version of Cap is voiced by Roger Craig Smith. It was probably meant for this incarnation to be a more young and modern type version, to somewhat match the Marvel Cinematic Universe's, Captain America.