Batroc the Leaper (real name Georges Batroc) is an enemy of Spider-Man.
Batroc has a black thin mustache and a pointy beard on his chin. he wears a special purple and yellow suit, mechanical leaping legs
Batroc has a tendency to underestimate his opponents, and has a obsession to leap even saying the word "leap", while he leaps. He also speaks a French accent.
Batroc, the Leaper was one of the villains Spider-Man faced in his first year of superhero career. He is so off the radar than even S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't have a real file on him all that is known about him is that "he is French and he leaps".
Batroc battled Spider-Man and White Tiger. His leaping ability allows him to scale up vertical walls, providing that they have footholds for him to brace his feet against.Batroc was chased by Spider-Man, who he evaded effortlessly with no real challenge at all. He was then subdued by White Tiger.
Batroc during another crime is stalked by a shadowy figure he believes is Spider-Man and after a few near misses Batroc surrenders, only to learn his attacker is not Spider-Man but Venom. Peter at home receives a message from Nick Fury. When Peter went down stairs he heard on the news about Batroc's beating, as J.J Jameson bad mouths the wall-crawler.
During the blackout created by Electro, Batroc used this as an opportunity to steal from people trapped on the Brooklyn Bridge. When the team confronted him he easily escaped. He was later taken down by Spider-Man when Batroc believed he had committed the crime of the century stealing some jewel but was annoyed when he saw Electro conquering the city. Distracted Spider-Man took him out with one punch.
During a fight against Spider-Man, Batroc was flung into a Daily Bugle jumbo screen, and knocked unconscious.
Spider-Man fights Batroc across the city while J. Jonah Jameson rants about Spider-Man. The New Yorkers even attack Spider-Man due to their believing of Jameson's claims about him being a menace. At one point Batroc even mocks Spider-Man, pointing out that while he's the one who's committed a crime, it's him they hate. Spider-Man manages to web up Batroc the Leaper.
Craving Mexican food, Spider-Man, Power Man and Squirrel Girl sneak out after hours for late-night burritos. Along the way, they must contend with Boomerang, Grizzly, Batroc the Leaper and Shocker. It is revealed all these criminals were being controlled by Mesmero.
Powers and Abilities
- Peak-Human Condition: His physical abilities, particularly his agility, reflexes, coordination, balance and equilibrium, are far beyond that of normal humans. It is his Mechanical Leaping Legs and uniform that allow him to perform truly superhuman feats of mobility. It also enhances his fighting capabilities, allowing him to not only use his opponent's momentum against them, but also have enhanced strength in his blows, especially his kicks. This makes him able to fight superhumans, such as Spiderman, on nearly equal grounds. Also, he is durable enough to survive blows from superhuman's and seemingly fatal impacts without injury. 
c - cameo
m - mentioned
Background in other media
- This is Batroc the Leaper's fourth animated appearance. Previous versions includes The Marvel Super Heroes, The Super Hero Squad Show and Black Panther: The Animated Series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "Why I Hate the Gym". Man of Action, Joe Fallon (writers) & Jeff Allen, Gary Hartle (directors). Ultimate Spider-Man. April 29, 2012. No. 6.
- ↑ "Venomous". Man of Action (writer) & Phil Pignotti (director). June 24, 2012. No. 11.
- ↑ "Electro". Man of Action & Eugene Son (writers) & Phil Pignotti (director). January 21, 2013. No. 28.
- ↑ "Carnage". TBA (writers) & TBA (director). March 31, 2013. No. 34.
- ↑ 214