Scott Lang a.k.a. Ant-Man is a member of the Avengers.
Lang had once been associated with crime, before becoming a superhero.
Ant-Man was recruited by Iron Man during Ultron's rampage, leading him to join the Avengers and become one of SHIELD's instructors.
He is a guest teacher at the Triskelion's S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy where he demonstrates his powers by knocking down Spider-Man during a demonstration. When Nick Fury is taken over by Doctor Octopus' Octobot-themed nanobots in order to get free from the Triskelion's brig, he, Spider-Man, and Power Man shrink down to remove the machines from Nick's body while the others pursue Doctor Octopus. While fighting their way though nanobots modeled after Beetle, Green Goblin, Lizard, and Scorpion, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, and Power Man make their way to the heart to get to Nick Fury's brain. As Ant-Man and Power Man are left busy fighting the nanobots (where some of them combined into one robot), Spider-Man learns from Nick Fury's conscious that Doctor Octopus has set the Triskelion's reactor to meltdown. Once the nanobots are destroyed, the reactor overload is averted, and Doctor Octopus is defeated, Spider-Man and Ant-Man visit Nick Fury in the Triskelion's infirmary where Ant-Man admitted that Spider-Man's recklessness stopped Doctor Octopus' plot.
While freeing classmates, Spider-Man is captured by Arnim Zola and absorbed into his body. The freed friends must fight Arnim Zola to help Spider-Man escape the madman.
Powers and Abilities
- Scott Lang is a genius scientist in the fields of biochemistry and nuclear sciences. Over time, he has acquired the ability to change size at will, seemingly without the need for the gas.
- Ant-Man Suit: Scott's suit allows him to alter his size from microscopic size to the size of a skyscraper. Using a gaseous form of "Pym particles" kept in a compartment in his belt, Ant-Man had the power to shrink himself (and other people and objects along with himself) to the size of an ant and return to normal.
- Ant-Man Helmet: His cybernetic helmet allows rudimentary telepathic communication with insects, and is equipped with sound amplification equipment allowing normal-sized humans to hear him. The helmet also has a retractable plexiglass face shield and a limited air supply. Lang retained his normal strength in ant size.
- Pym-Particle Blaster: Ant-Man has a blaster that can allow him to absorb and emit Pym-Particles as a form of a blaster energy.
- This character seems to be based from the movie counterpart of Ant-Man.
- This version is Scott Lang, as revealed in the Avengers Assemble episode "The New Guy".
c - cameo