The Vulture (as Vulture and Adrian Toomes)
Graduation Day: Part 2 (Vulture and Adrian Toomes)
Little is known about his past. Toomes had a family until he was abducted by Doctor Octopus of Oscorp as part of his cross-species slavery experiment, but resulted in Toomes' memory wiped out and his only memory is that Oscorp is responsible for his mutation, involving the company's leader. When Spider-Man took him to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Tricarrier to find some answers, Doctor Octopus turned him into the weapon he intended, but Spider-Man was able to help him overcome his instincts and they defeated Doctor Octopus. After Doctor Octopus's defeat, Spider-Man gave him the offer of joining a team of superhero warriors but he declined. Taskmaster called him to a roof using his real name. Vulture asks him why he called him Adrian. Taskmaster tells him that it is his first name. Taskmaster offers to help Vulture find his past if he joins his team.
Vulture becomes a member of Taskmaster's Thunderbolts. Taskmaster's team attacks the Tri-Carrier and trick Agent Venom and Iron Spider into freeing the The Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Beetle and Scorpion. When Vulture sees Doctor Octopus, Taskmaster tells him to wait and that he will get his chance for payback. When Doctor Octopus, Beetle and Scorpion take off in a Quinjet, Taskmaster allows Vulture to cause the Quinjet to crash onto the Tri-Carrier. While the other villains are defeated save for Goblin, Spider-Man lets Vulture escape as they were once friends.
Season 4Doctor Octopus equips Vulture with special Hydra armor and sends him (reluctantly) to kill Norman Osborn in exchange for information containing Vulture's past. The two of them, alongside an Octobot, end up fighting Spider-Man, Miles Morales (who takes on the name Kid Arachnid), Norman (in his Iron Patriot armor) and Harry Osborn (American Son armor). Using Iron Patriot's helmet, Vulture found no records of his past in the Oscorps' files or Doctor Octopus's data files, causing Vulture to attack Doctor Octopus in rage and should have believe what Spider-Man tried to warn him about Doc Ock. Wanting to keep Vulture as a weapon and potential recruit for his Sinister Six, Doctor Octopus used his Nano-Octobots to change Vulture's armor, changing its color from green to black and red and causing him to lose his free will, thus under the mental control of Doc Ock. Before he loses his free will, Vulture tells Spider-Man that Doctor Octopus has a spy in S.H.I.E.L.D. and then takes off.
Spider-Man and the Web-Warriors (Miles, Agent Venom, Iron Spider, and Scarlet Spider) were searching for the rogue Vulture before Doctor Octopus could find him. Vulture encounters Spider-Man and Iron Spider, with Spider-Man's attempts to reach out to his friend was foiled by Iron Spider's intervention, who sees Vulture as a mindless monster. During a mid-air battle, Vulture left the heroes on a island, which turned out to be inhabited by Sandman, who was being controlled by Doctor Octopus. After saving Sandman, Spider-Man and Iron Spider speculate that Vulture purposely lead them to the island to help Sandman, believing Vulture might still retain some of his free will.
Upon Doctor Octavius' setup to reign entire world, starting from letting himself captured to gathered his Superior Sinister Six (including the new unwilling sixth member Crossbones as the new Lizard) together and compromised S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy graduation which guest starting Avengers (Captain America, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man), Doctor Strange and Ant-Man, Vulture joins in once Octavius' setup is advanced. When Doctor Octopus realize that Harry's father, Norman is not present due to being late to join his son on volunteering the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy graduation, Vulture is amongst the three brainwashed cross-species Sinister Six members along with Crossbones-Lizard and Rhino to capture both Norman and Spider-Man to prevent Spider-Man on getting his powers back which was lost when Octavius uses his curing serum gun that cause Spider-Man powerless during a raid in S.H.I.E.L.D.. However, Spider-Man manage to get Octavius' curing serum gun, thus curing both Crossbones, Toomes and Alex back to normal, in the same time Toomes regains his memories after after being cured. Though Crossbones rather not helping Spider-Man while feeling in debt for saving his life, Toomes and Alexei helps Spider-Man on defeating Kraven before Octavius knocks them out. After Octavius began to realize the error of his ways and turned himself in, Toomes and Alex are now pardoned, whilst Alex retakes S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy, now under education by the new tutors Scarlet Spider and Agent Venom.
Powers and Abilities
- Vulture Physiology (a beak, vulture feet, vulture feet-like hands and the presence of dark green feathers).
- Flight - Like all vultures he has the ability to fly.
- Talons - Like all vultures he has sharp talons
- Sonic Screech - He is seen to be able to screech loud enough to be able to render Agent Venom (Flash Thompson) unconscious.
- Superhuman Strength: He has shown an incredible amount of strength, being able to punch through concrete pillars with ease, while chasing Spider-Man as well as carry Doc Ock, with one hand.
- Superhuman Durability: He has been seen taking fire from S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel without even flinching or sustaining injuries. He even withstands crashing into concrete structures without sustaining moderate damages.
- Vulture Armor: As of season 4, the vulture utilizes a high tech suit of armor issued by HYDRA. This further enhanced is physical performance, but after Doc Ock "upgraded" the armor, he gained a new look & a new ability.
- Enhanced Strength: The armor was able to enhance the Vulture's low-level superhuman strength to a higher degree, enough to combat the Iron Patriot, Kid Arachnid & Spider-Man. It even enhanced the power of his claws, which were able to tear through thick metal objects.
- Enhanced Durability: The armor was able to withstand great physical punishment from his foes, without even damaging the armor & is completely impervious to ballistic attacks.
- Enhanced Mobility: The armor has enhanced his physical movement & mental thinking speeds
- drastically, enabling him to have a better combat performance than before.
- Wing Harness: The armor has its own set of artificial bladed wings, which are used for better combat abilities as well as higher speed of flight.
- Self-Mental Control: Once Doc Ock took over Vulture's Armor and upgraded it, Vulture's mind became a slave to Doc Ock's commands.
c - cameo
m - mentioned
- The original incarnation of the Vulture shows up in one of Spider-Man's imaginations in the TV series and makes another cameo in the Infinite Comics.
- This version of the Vulture is much younger than other incarnations, being about the same age as Spider-Man himself, whereas the comics' Vulture was an old man, but sought to restore his youth, and managed to do so several times.
- Although this version of Vulture is confirmed to be Adrian Toomes, he is a human/vulture hybrid, like the Jimmy Natale incarnation of the Vulture, whereas the comics' Adrian was a normal old man used a flying magnetic harness with wings to glide.
- This is the most sympathetic portrayal of the Vulture, as Adrian is not evil in the slightest, but rather a misguided gothic teenager, and having lost his memories, and being turned into a freak by Doc Ock, like The Lizard and Scarlet Spider, has lead to his "villainous" actions.
- The Hydra armor that Vulture wears is similar to the armor worn by the Blackie Drago version of Vulture in the Ultimate Spider-Man Comics.
- Main article: Vulture/Gallery
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Beetle|
|Sinister Six (tech)|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino • Electro • Lizard (unwillingly) • Scorpion|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Electro • Ultimate Goblin • Hydro-Man • Scarlet Spider (betrayed)|
|Superior Sinister Six|
|Kraven the Hunter • Rhino (unwillingly) • Scorpion • Vulture (unwillingly) • Crossbones (unwillingly)|